Passenger ship sinks leaving two dead + hundreds missing






Article: <Passenger ship sinking> "Two pronounced dead, 107 still missing"

Source: Yonhap News via Naver

A ship with 471 passengers sank. So far, two have been pronounced dead with 107 still missing. Majority were students on a school trip.

1. [+1,912, -46] I'm praying for the 107 to all be rescued..

2. [+1,424, -52] 107 still missing... Please just stay alive ㅠㅠ

3. [+1,002, -24] I really, really hope they're all rescued...

4. [+955, -26] I hope there won't be news of more deaths...

5. [+763, -22] Upsetting...

-

Source:
Nate

1. [+448, -18] I hoped so much for there to be no deaths... Sigh...

2. [+293, -6] One of the deaths was a woman responsible for the broadcast messages. She was young and it was her first time dealing with such an emergency but she helped everyone until the end before her life was claimed. May she rest in peace. Than kyou for your work.

3. [+271, -11] Upsetting ㅜㅜ I thought everyone would be safe because of how early it was reported but this happened ㅠㅠ What a tragedy to suffer on a school trip......

-

Article: JTBC anchor criticized for asking unnecessary question during student interview

Source: No Cut News via Nate

While interviewing a student survivor, a JTBC anchor mentioned that a fellow classmate was one of the deaths, causing her to burst out in tears.

1. [+654, -13] She's so young, imagine the shock upon hearing that. This is a time for her to get utmost care, I cannot believe the anchorwoman thought to even ask that.

2. [+569, -11] First of all, why is a student who is still suffering from the after shock being interviewed and why would she even ask her if she was aware of the death of her classmate? Journalist, please think before your actions no matter how thirsty you are for an exclusive piece.

3. [+432, -10] Is the anchor crazy?

-

Article: JTBC announces official apology over controversial interview on "inappropriate question"

Source: Newsen via nate

1. [+209, -2] This is why trashy journalists are called trashy journalists.

2. [+192, -3] I knew an article would come out about that interview. That student is already under so much shock, how dare you ask her if she's aware of a death? I felt so sorry hearing her cry.

3. [+142, -5] I cried along with that student in her interview...

-

Article: Father of student killed in ship sinking "I can't believe it"

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

"I heard about my son's death through the internet while on the bus to Jindo. Has his death really been confirmed? I asked his school officials if it's really confirmed but they couldn't give me an answer. The last I talked to him was when he called his mother last night to say that the ship was departing. I can't believe that the last call was one that we had to rush to hang up because we were low on batteries... My son was a normal kid who liked kumdo and basketball. I need to check with my eyes before I can accept what's happening."

1. [+375, -3] Can't imagine how much his heart is breaking... So upsetting.. Words cannot console him.

2. [+362, -7] Why are journalists even calling parents of someone in heartache over the death of their child?

3. [+313, -4] My heart is breaking.. I prayed so hard for there to be no deaths..

4. [+17, -0] These parents were betrayed by the media. In initial reports, they ahd stated that all of the students on board and their teachers were rescued.. but two hours later, they found the body of a teen~twenties male, which turned out to be this student. Up until 9 am, this student had katalked with his hyung about the rescue team coming for him. The media betrayed the parents, they lied to their faces.

5. [+15, -0] My company director... ran out of the building as soon as he read articles of this news.. ㅠ I wondered why and it turned out his son was on the ship.. ㅠㅠ I wonder how much he's hurting right now...

-